Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016--Kyle's First

Well this Thanksgiving was nothing like we planned. The girls had the entire week off so we made big plans to visit some of our favorite places in the area. After a trip to the grocery store on Monday, we headed to the zoo. The animals were very active and there were hardly any people--perfect for my busy kids.

Then the next day we had plans to do more but I woke to the noise of Bruce being sick. (Luckily he made it to the bathroom sink before it happened.) So all plans stopped and we spent the next few days at home.
 On Thursday, we enjoyed watching TV, playing games, making hats, and of course eating food!



 Lunch was beef stick, cheese and crackers.

 Sleeping Queens card game--my older kids love it!

 Thanksgiving Dinner--luckily I had cooked a couple of turkey legs since the turkey didn't finish cooking. It must have not been thawed all the way but we couldn't wait any longer. (My turkey cooking skills have gotten worse with each passing year. I might skip the whole thing next year.)

 This was Kyle's first Thanksgiving! He loved feeding himself and needed a bath for the third time afterwards.


We thought we had dodged a bullet since only Bruce seemed to get sick but we were mistaken. Jennie woke up on Friday and got sick. She did not make it to the bathroom in time. However by the afternoon she seemed fine.
 Our thanksgiving turkey tradition wasn't a huge success this year. I had it all ready but Regina was the main person who did it. She was thankful for lots of things but mainly family.

This year I made a little turkey for each person. They had written on the feathers things that I love about each person. The kids loved getting them--not sure if it was the special sayings on them or the candy inside.

No comments: