Jennie started her first day of Pre-K today. She was a little nervous about going to a new school and informed me several times that there was a sign at the school which read "Moms have to stay a school for a very long time." Because of this, I found a friend to take the other kids while I dropped Jennie off. After not longer than two minutes, Jennie told me she was fine and I was supposed to leave. (Silly Girl)
Pre-K is early for us in the morning---not to be awake but to get out the door. Regina as you can tell wasn't even fully dressed and didn't get to have breakfast at home before we had to leave. I hope this changes as the year goes on.
After picking Jennie up from school, she told me all about the things she did. Like playing in sand and blocks, Having a snack, and not having to wear her shoes! This Pre-K is more into learning through play and sensory exploration than learning to letters, numbers, and colors which will be good for Jennie. The school actually sent home a letter not to buy new school clothes because your child will get messy and very dirty. I am excited to see how she grows from this experience.



1 comment:
Oy early mornings, good practice for kindergarten I suppose, we have one early morning and we do toaster waffles and frozen yogurt, which is really not the messiest thing our car sees it works out well for that day we have to be out of here at 7:20 and I don't want hangry kiddos! I usually just make extra waffles every time I make them then break them into the size that will fit in our toaster and freeze, of course they only like butter or peanut butter on their waffle, if your kids have to have syrup that may be a terrible idea....
Post a Comment