This past weekend we headed to the Oregon Coast for another camping adventure! Of course, we slept in a yurt again. This is the only way to do it with our little family--at least it is for us. Bruce almost through the night both nights. At least this time, we didn't end up in the van and he didn't scream when he woke up. (He only "talked" to us for about 20 minutes each night)
Matthew built great fires so we could cook some yummy dinners. This time we tried making some steak shish-kabobs...they turned out great.
I forget sometimes that Bruce is a new but very skilled walker. On our first day, Matthew was busy making the fire and I was getting stuff out of the van. Bruce was able to walk down the small hill and into the road in front of our yurt. Thankfully, I looked up and noticed him walking before anything bad could have happened to him. So to fix this from happening again, Bruce spent the "busier" times in a car seat watching us work.
We spent one of the mornings at the beach--I forgot the "good" camera in the van up the hill. Luckily Matthew brought his phone with us. We found this cool fort someone built and had to explore it. Then we made sand castles, played in the water, and looked at the seaweed that was washed to shore. (I think the kids' favorite part was playing in the water. They just couldn't get enough of it.)
There was a great park at the campground. The kids loved sliding down the slides. One afternoon, Jennie and Daddy played there while Bruce slept and I attempted to rest with Regina. I almost had her quiet until the crows started to explore our picnic table and everything on it.














No comments:
Post a Comment