Snow Snow and More Snow!!! This is our first winter in Idaho and it is welcoming us with open arms or should I say with open clouds. The heavens have poured down snow, rain, and freezing rain for the past three weeks. The kids went back to school for one day after the Winter Break before it was cancelled for the rest the rest of the week. Regina was excited to stay home, but Jennie was very sad since she loves her teacher. I was happy since I didn't have to drive them in this mess. They are going to be even sadder when they realize that they will have to make up these snow days in June.
The one day the girls went to school, Kyle discovered the joy of pulling out the tissues from the Kleenex box. He got a lot out before I could get to him. He got two Kleenex boxes that day.
Bruce has loved having his sisters home--they have built forts, played house, played with cars, and watched movies together.
The icicles are amazing and we keep finding really big ones---this is the biggest one we have found so far. It is the same size as Regina about four feet.
Matthew took two days off during the snow days. I built homemade sleds out of cardboard and trash bags so the kids could go sledding on the "hill" Matthew made out of the snow from the driveway.
The kids have loved playing in the snow but even they are starting to get sick of it and all the cold it brings.







No comments:
Post a Comment