Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016

We stayed at home this year for Christmas. I was more excited to decorate this year because I made a new tree skirt, got matching stocking with our names on them for everyone, and I finally have a place to put my Nativity that the kids can't reach.
And an added bonus, we were have high enough ceilings to put the star on the tree--something that hasn't happened in many years.

T
This year was Kyle's first Christmas. He enjoyed opening presents, playing with wrapping paper, and eating yummy food. And he received his special Teddy Bear from his Grandparents...he loves it!



 The other kids loved opening presents and eating yummy food. Since we had stocking, the kids were excited that they got a couple of small presents in them. The main present for each child in their stocking was a toy that a sibling picked for each other. (We opened the stocking before Church and the rest of the presents afterwards.)








 Our big present for the kids was a tablet that we get to share...they were so excited!






We had yummy food to eat, but have realized after this year that perhaps just having beef stick, cheese, crackers, and a yummy dessert might be in our future. It seems like everyone will eat that and there isn't much clean up for me that way.

This was a few days before Christmas when we decorated sugar cookies. I normally buy frosting because I am horrible at making it.(which my kids know I just can't seem to master it.) However, this year I just didn't want to spend the money so I made it. Later in the evening, Bruce came up to me and said "Mom, you said you were horrible at making frosting, but you tricked us. That frosting was delicious." It warmed my heart because it was unsolicited and the frosting was horrible in my opinion.

There was no need to dream of a White Christmas this year. This is a picture of our house on Christmas Eve. Yes I had to shovel to driveway for a eighth time since the snow started falling earlier this month. AND more is stilling coming.

No comments: