Monday, January 26, 2015

January 2015 Fun

This month, we have been too busy enjoying life to sit down and write about it. Luckily, I have had a camera handy to document all the fun things we have been doing.

We started out the month wishing it was summer and warm enough to play in the water. So we brought the water play indoors. The kids loved playing with the squirting animals. Even Cody got in on the water play. I gave him a cookie sheet with a small amount of water and he loved slapping his hands to make it splash. (Needless to say, I got the floor mopped that day)

The next day, we painted with ice. The kids loved watching how the ice would melt and make all the colors. However the ice did stain our hands for a few days...and I had to once again mop the kitchen floor.

Another time this month--I decided to be the "cool" mom and let the kids play in the shredded paper (or snow as they kept calling it)  They loved tossing it in the air and making "snow" angels in it. I however wished that I didn't choose to be the cool mom, when it was time to clean up the mess they created. It was everywhere and I am still finding it around the house---or should I saw Cody is finding it everywhere and trying to eat it.

Guess Who? After making a much needed trip to the grocery store, Regina decided it was time to be creative. She told me where to cut and what to draw, but this was entirely her idea! She spent most of the day walking around as a robot.

Regina might have been heard saying "Finally, we get to play with play-dough!" I think she asked for a week straight to play with play-dough, but we just ran out of time. Cody was down for a nap and Jennie was at school, so it was just the two of them. They loved every minute of it--I think the highlight of the experience was making "food" for mom to eat.

As luck would have it, we have been having some really nice days weather wise. On this particular day, we dropped everything and went to the park! We played until it got dark out which is about 5 o'clock here. Cody loved the swing. It was his first time being in one and he belly laughed each time I pushed him.

Now that the kids are starting to get older, it has been fun watching them start playing together. On numerous occasions this month, they have tried to include Cody. He usually is their baby or their dog.

These two boys love the same thing---Cars!!! It has been hard for Bruce to learn to share with Cody especially since Cody likes to taste the cars. Usually I hear Bruce telling Cody not to eat the cars, that they aren't food, and that is disgusting or "regusting" as it is pronounced here.

After working and playing hard, the kids get all tuckered out! Bruce wouldn't go to sleep in his bed but he was willing to fall asleep on the floor. Lately he has been silly and needs to wear two pairs of pajamas (Under his Car pajamas is his basketball pajamas--I guess it is too hard to choose just one)

1 comment:

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

You are such a good Mom to plan all those activities and let them make messes! Good job!