Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jennie's Room

After seeing a few people's blogs, I decided that I really needed to make Jennie's room look more like a room and less like a storage closet. So here is the result...


Jennie's bedding
(Thanks to my mother-in-law who made this blanket forever ago.)



Jennie's Chair and Quilt Rack
(Thanks to the in-laws for the chair and the aunt and uncle-in-law for the quilt rack---I love them both!)


A great quote by Pres. Hinckley
(Jennie loves pointing out the picture of Jesus and telling me that there are two boys and two girls in the picture)


I made the quotes with vinyl lettering and art canvases
(The lady at the vinyl store was nice enough to let me use her Cricut machine for free---I love that machine, but don't know if I would use it enough to justify the purchase.)



I am really pleased with how the room has turned out so far, I would like to do a little more decorating in it, but that is going to have to wait for while. Then the next project is my bedroom.

4 comments:

Tina said...

The room turned out so beautiful!
Decorating is such fun, and if you are creative--it doesn't have to break the budget! I esp. like the picture of Jesus! I had a big one in the hall outside the boys' rooms when they were growing up--never hurts to remind us of the important stuff!

Michelle Marie Chidester Conde said...

It's lovely! How cute.

Doug and Amanda said...

It did turn out lovely, lucky jennie!

D.Jones said...

cute room! I love your art! Love the butterflies too!