My two cuties are determined to have fun in their own way.
Jennie has found a new love...(It used to be her dog, Twinkle, but now it is this doll.) We went to a consignment shop and this doll was in the play area. Jennie fell in love with it to the point that she wouldn't leave the store without it. The very nice owner let me have it for free. It was naked so I came home and made some clothes out of some scrap material--I don't think I did too bad considering no pattern and the size of the doll. Anyway, Jennie has played with this doll ever since she got it. And the best part, she leaves Regina alone for the most part now.
Jennie decided she needed to help me stir some batter the other day. After the batter was stirred, I gave her a bowl with some cornstarch and water (It is really fun to play with). As you can tell Jennie got is everywhere and even ate a ton of it---good thing it is edible.
Regina decided that giving us smiles is her way of having fun! She loves to smile at us all the time---it makes nursing difficult sometimes. (The dress was mine when I was little. Jennie wore it just long enough for pictures as did Regina.)
Another way, Regina loves having fun is trying to get her hand to fit into her mouth. It is cute to watch her concentrate at this task. Sometimes she actually gets it in her mouth, but I'm a mean mommy and switch it with a pacifier--I don't want to break the thumb sucking later. (Excuse the naked baby but she needed some fresh air.)
3 comments:
Man, that picture of jeenie sleeping doesn't even look like her, her hair must really be coming in! And I love the Doll story, so cute! She probably wants to be just like you with a baby in tow every where she goes, how sweet! How is the Job hunting going for Matthew? I hope he has found something in the new area.
What cute girlies! The doll thing is adorable. I always wanted my kids to get attached to something but it hasn't took it. Regina is getting too big too fast. Slow it down will ya or she will be walking before I see you again lol :) Miss ya!
I think Regina looks a lot like Jennie. You have cute girls. And that story of Jennie with the doll was so fun. I love that you handmade the dolls clothes!
Post a Comment