Sunday, March 01, 2009

Iron Chef

This Friday, Matthew and I participated in our ward's Elders' quorum Iron Chef competition. Everyone received a secret ingredient before the competition and had 1 1/2 hours to make something for tasting and judging.
The Secret Ingredient was... ORANGES

I made a fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips--it was a big hit.
Since Matthew is the Elders' Quorum President and told me the ingredient weeks ago, I didn't get to have mine entered into the judging... But there were some very creative and tasty dishes.

The winner for best use of the ingredient was Orange BBQ Pork and the winner for most creative use was Pumpkin Orange Soup.

1 comment:

The Henricksen Journal said...

You know, if you could have entered the contest, you would have won! Next time, don't let Matthew tell you and you can enter. Your dishes have been my fave both times.