Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nursery and Baby Shower

At the beginning of the week, Matthew had a business meeting in California, so I was left at home to busy myself. I watched movies--ones that he wouldn't really enjoy, and busied myself with baby stuff. My in-laws came by and helped me rearrange our apartment to get it ready for baby. (They are great at seeing how things will look without moving it; where I have to move it and then decide that it doesn't look right). We also set up the portable crib and my mother-in-law made a pair of cute curtains for the baby's room. Now we only need a dresser and the baby to make the room complete. I also found a great deal on a travel swing at Goodwill. I was able to talk them down a couple dollars because it was missing a piece that isn't important but I knew it was missing :)
Also while Matthew was gone, I decided to be somewhat crafty. I spent some time making a diaper cake for a baby shower I was invited to. It turned out really cute and wasn't that hard to make. As the cake topper, I put a pair of pink booties with tissue paper sticking out of them. It was a big hit at the shower...

No comments: