February was a fun month.
Regina decided to open a beauty salon. Since Jennie doesn't enjoy getting her hair done, these two boys volunteered to get theirs done.I love seeing this! It is nice that my kids love reading picture books. This book is one of my favorite, Mortimer by Robert Munsch.
We got a few days of snow, so Kyle needed to shovel the back patio for me.
We did a week of sickness in our house even I got it which isn't typical. We learned lots of new games: the cards games Speed, Spoons, and Kings in the Corners, and Bruce has been teaching Cody chess. I was surprised when Cody later told me what each pieces name and move was.
One day, Regina quietly set to work making these cat puppets. Then she gave me a puppet show with them. (Honestly I spaced the whole show because I was too sick to listen or care about it.)
The library had a special visitor this month, a red kangaroo. The kids loved seeing it. We didn't have time to waiting the long line to see it close up.
We finished out the month by going to the school for literacy night. The kids got to play some fun games, hear a great story, and take some silly pictures.








No comments:
Post a Comment