After being stuck in the house for several days due to sickness, we were itching to get out. Our choice of place to play---The Beach Park!!!
One of the parks in town has a huge sand area and we really needed some sensory time.
This was Cody's first time playing in sand. I thought he was going to be apprehensive about having his feet in the sand, but I was very wrong. He LOVED the sand and didn't even cry when he face-planted when he was trying to army crawl away from me. He did sample some of the sand and would have kept doing it if I didn't keep a close eye on him. He also loved the three steps to get out of the sandbox. I was surprised how well he climbed up them since he has never been exposed to stairs.
After I finally convinced Bruce that he had to stay in the sandbox, he had a great time scooping the sand up and dumping it.
Regina loved climbing on the structure and meeting a new friend. She is so friendly and loves to meet new people.
Jennie really needed to play in the sand. She immediately started digging and even laying in the sand making "Sand Angels."
After playing in the sand, we needed a little ice cream to celebrate our health again. The kids got to pick what they wanted and it was the first time the girls had a blizzard. They were amazed that it had Oreos in it.







No comments:
Post a Comment