Cody Matheson Conde arrived at 4:27 AM on May 20, 2014. I woke up at 11:29 PM the night before with what I thought was a VERY full bladder, but when I had to have Matthew help me get out of bed to use the bathroom, I knew something else was happening. I spent the next hour having steady contractions while I ate something, emptied the dishwasher, and got clothes ready for the other kids. Then at 12:30 AM, I called our VERY good friend, and woke up Matthew (who had 45 minutes of sleep that night). We headed to the hospital and after five hours of intense--medicine free labor, Cody arrived. He weighed in at 9 lbs with a head circumference of 14 inches and a height of 21 inches. He immediately started sucking on his hands--something he did on the ultrasounds. He was a very mellow baby in the hospital. We had to stay for over 48 hours in the hospital so we had lots of one-on-one time together.
The rest of the family got the come to the hospital to meet him. They immediately fell in love with him. Even Bruce was calling him his brother and trying to kiss him. Regina kept calling him Cozy instead of Cody--very cute.
Once we got home, the kids really started to "love" him. They wanted to hold him and pat his head every second of the day.
Just like the other ones, Cody spent the first few weeks sleeping in a laundry basket that is when he wasn't sleeping with me.
Cody was born with one clubfoot. He started his treatment on June 5th. (We did find out that it is more common for girls to have two clubfeet--like Jennie and boys to have just one foot--like Cody.)










2 comments:
So cute wish we could have made it to the blessing hope you r doing well
So cute that they sleep in a laundry basket. Ours sleep in the carseat for at least three months. They sleep much better that way.
Post a Comment