Monday, August 12, 2013

Peaches and Gold Beach

A great find in this area of Oregon is the Peach Palooza... Once a year, the Harry and David Fruit company sells their peaches for a VERY VERY cheap price ($0.15 per pound) I braved the crowds and the lines to get 100 pounds of peaches---50 for me and 50 for my sister-in-law.
 It was well worth it. With my share, I was able to can 12 quarts, 4 pie fillings, 6 pints of jam, and 6 1/2 pints of butter. Luckily, I had a baby that took an extra long nap, all went to bed early one night, and the girls were entertained by way too much television, so I could get it done. (Not to mention a husband, who worked late one night and didn't mind being ignored the next.)

Then the kids and I drove to Gold Beach, Oregon, to help can my sister-in-laws share and to have some cousin time. We had a great time! The kids mostly slept well for not being in their beds. There was little to no fighting amongst themselves about what they were going to play.

The girls had a great time playing outside, picking strawberries, playing gymnastics, and practicing the violin.




One of the days, we went to the city park and let the kids play. The boys loved the swings and the girls loved that Michelle was strong enough to help them with the monkey bars and rings---their mom in a weakling and they never get to do them because she can't lift them up over her head.



No comments: