Friday, September 17, 2010

Moving and Getting Settled

Well we finally got moved in and settled for the most part. We still have some boxes to unpack and need to clean up the garage. Since we didn't unpack everything at our last place, I have found things that I forgot I had--Goodwill here I come!



After Regina was two weeks old, Matthew and I went house hunting. This is a picture of me looking in the newspaper at the For Rent Ads. (I had no idea that I covered up Regina's face.)


What did you do for your five year wedding anniversary? We loaded up a truck and headed to Oregon. We had wonderful help from our new ward. Five guys came plus Matthew's older brother and the truck was unloaded in an hour. (I didn't have to lift a thing--just told them where to put it...Sorry about all those book boxes that had to go upstairs)


Do I look overwhelmed? I felt a little overwhelmed with this move. Trying to unpack with a 20 month old and a 4 week old is quite challenging---not to mention I really felt like a basket case and I don't like things unorganized to begin with. Luckily our new ward came to the rescue again--Meals were brought and a couple sisters came and unpacked my kitchen for me.

To keep Jennie busy, I gave her a chore--Clean the floor! (It needed to be cleaned anyway--no one had lived in the place for three months--dust and dead bugs everywhere.)

Also, I sent her outside to play in the sprinkler with her daddy. She is a true water girl...By the way, I LOVE having a fenced backyard for her to play in.


Finally this is where Regina spent most of her time while I did the unpacking. (The goal was to keep her safe from all the chaos and her loving older sister.)

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

Oh Regina is so CUTE! Glad you got setteled, and I too cannot say enough about fenced back yards, what a fabulous deal they are!

Tina said...

The photos are Terrific. Regina is so alert--and of course, beautiful!
I love how she's sleeping sitting up-reminds me of Matthew sleeping on his "bouncy horse!"
And yes, backyards are a blessing!