Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Decorating

Thanksgiving: This year we spent Thanksgiving with Matthew's parents and his younger brother and his wife. There was a ton of great food and I definitely ate too much! Also, we played a couple of my favorite games--Ticket to Ride and Rummikub. Of course, I didn't win either one, but I like playing them anyway.
Black Friday: This was the first time that I went shopping on Black Friday. Usually I avoid the stores like the plague on this day, but I couldn't pass up the deals. Both Matthew and I wanted some electronics for Christmas this year and they were REALLY great deals on Friday. So I ventured out with a plan--AVOID THE MALL AND WAL-MART! Surprisingly, the stores I went to weren't too busy and I got all the items I wanted for cheap!
Decorating: Normally, I wait until December 1st to decorate for Christmas. However, this year I couldn't wait; I decorated the day after Thanksgiving. I am very excited for Christmas, not because it is Christmas, but because it means that baby is right around the corner! The decorations are scaled back this year, since I will be preoccupied with baby. I put up our little "Charlie Brown" tree with a few decorations, our Nativity, and our Stockings. Matthew really wanted a real tree, however, since he is allergic to them and I don't want to deal with one, we opted to use our little three foot fake tree. Perhaps next year we will have a real one again.

1 comment:

Dan and Janice Hegerhorst said...

Jenette, Where are the cute pregnant pics of you? Amanda doesn't have any on her blog either! I'm so sad! But were so happy for you and Mathew. We will come see you when your mom and dad come!